Formula 1 is booming in the United States. The Formula 1: Drive to Survive Netflix documentary series has brought the sport to a new audience and resulted in a huge increase in viewership for F1 in the USA. Formula 1 added a second United States race in Miami this year, and they will be adding a Las Vegas race in 2023 to bring the total races in the US up to 3, after it was traditionally a one-stop country on the F1 schedule.
On this page I will recommend our top rated betting site for California residents, touch on the regulations surrounding sports betting in the state, look at the various bets you can make on an F1 race, and provide a simple 3 step guide you can follow to bet on F1 online.
Best F1 Betting Site for California Residents
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
50% up to $250
Bovada.lv is our recommended betting site for residents of California interested in betting on Formula One. Bovada has served the US market since 2012 and have proven themselves as a safe and secure sportsbook. Bovada has a huge selection of F1 betting options for each race.
Sports Betting in California
At the present time it’s not legal to operate a sportsbook in the State of California.
That said, California residents can still place bets through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. Bovada.lv falls into this category, as an offshore betting site that has served the US betting market since 2012. Bovada accepts players from across the USA, including California.
Formula 1 Betting Options
The most popular F1 bets for each individual race is betting on which driver will win the race. The outright winner odds will be displayed at the top of the ‘All Formula 1’ page at Bovada.lv each week leading into the upcoming race.
Here is an example screenshot with the race winner odds for the Canadian Grand Prix (odds taken June 14th):
Bovada.lv has a huge selection of betting lines available for each Formula 1 race. Here’s a list of some of the different bets you can make on each race:
- Driver Head to Head Betting (for Free Practice, Qualifying and the actual Race).
- Race Winner Tricast (picking the top 3 finishers similar to a Trifecta in horse racing).
- Top 3 Finish
- Top 6 Finish
- Top 10 Finish
- Fastest Qualifier
- Qualifying Winning Car
- Qualifying Winning Margin
- Both Team Drivers to Finish Top 3 (or top 6, top 10, etc).
- Fastest Lap
- Driver of the Day
- Winning Car (constructor)
- Winning Margin
- To Finish the Race
- Both Cars (constructor) to Finish the Race
- Number of Safety Cars During Race
- Fastest Pit Stop (Team)
- First Driver to Make A Pit Stop
- First Driver to Retire From Race
As you can see there is a huge selection of betting options available for each F1 race.
You can also bet on F1 futures including which driver will win the Drivers Championship and which team will win the Constructors Championship. Bovada.lv even has season specials for each driver with totals on how many races each driver will win, or head to head points bets between teammates.
Head to Bovada.lv, select ‘Motor Sports’ under the ‘All Sports’ drop down menu and select ‘All Formula 1’ under the ‘All Motor Sports drop down menu to see the full list of F1 betting lines available.
How To Bet On F1 From California – 3 Step Guide
Follow these three steps to bet on Formula 1 races online from California.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and complete the overlay sign up form to open your account.
Bovada is the most popular betting site serving the US market and our top rated sportsbook for California bettors.
Step 2. Deposit Funds
Log into your Bovada account and click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Choose your preferred deposit method, enter the amount, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
Bovada accepts Visa, MasterCard, AmEx and Bitcoin deposits.
First deposits receive a 50% matching bonus up to $250. You will have to claim the bonus under your ‘My Rewards’ page.
Step 3. Bet On Formula 1
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘All Sports’ drop down menu in the secondary navigation bar and select ‘Motor Sports’.
- Open the ‘All Motor Sports’ drop down menu and select ‘All Formula 1’ to bring up all of the F1 betting options.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bets’ to make the wager.
Here’s a screenshot showing the clicks to find the F1 odds and place a bet on a driver to win the upcoming race:
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.
Tagged With : California betting • F1 • Formula 1 • Formula 1 betting