The 2022 NFL season will run from September 8th, 2022 to January 8th, 2023 with all 32 teams playing 17 games across 18 game weeks. The playoffs will follow with the 2023 Super Bowl scheduled to take place at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona on February 12th.
The NFL is the most bet on sports league in the United States, and I expect an even bigger focus on betting lines during this NFL season as betting continues to grow in the main stream and become a significant part of NFL fan culture.
On this page I will recommend a betting site, touch on the regulatory climate for sports betting in Arkansas, Mississippi and Oklahoma, outline the most popular bets you can make on an NFL game, and provide a 3 step guide you can follow to get your NFL bets placed online within minutes.
Top Rated Betting Site For Americans
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
50% up to $250
Bovada.lv is our recommended online sportsbook for Americans interested in betting on NFL games online. This includes residents of Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Bovada has proven to be a trusted and popular betting site for American bettors, having served the US betting market for the past decade.
NFL Betting in Arkansas, Mississippi and Oklahoma
Sports betting is legal in Arkansas. You can place bets in-person at one of the three casino locations in the state, or through their state-run betting site, BetSaracen.
Mississippi also has legal sports betting, but you are only allowed to place bets while on-location at a licensed casino in the state.
Oklahoma does not yet have legalized sports betting, but there is a bill on the House Floor that would legalize sports betting through a tribal-state compact.
Arkansas, Mississippi and Oklahoma residents all have the option to bet on sports through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. Bovada.lv falls into this category and has served the US betting market for the past ten years.
Bovada.lv is a great option for Mississippi and Oklahoma residents who do not have access to state-regulated online sports betting from the comfort of their own homes, and for Arkansas residents to compare odds with the monopoly of a single state-run online sportsbook.
Popular NFL Bets
Bovada.lv has a wide selection of NFL bets available for both individual games and season long futures/props.
Below I will look at the odds for the week 1 game between the Saints and Falcons, and explain the three most popular NFL individual game bets: spread, money line and total.
The spread odds are shown in the first column of the screenshot above. In this example the New Orleans Saints are -5.5 point favorites on the road in Atlanta.
- Saints spread bets win if the Saints win by 6 or more points.
- Falcons spread bets win if the Falcons win the game outright or the Saints win by 5 or fewer points.
The second column shows the money line odds. This is simply a bet on which team will win the game. The odds indicate the risk vs reward amounts for a bet on that outcome.
- Bet $225 on the Saints to win $100 (payout of $325).
- Bet $100 on the Falcons to win $185 (payout of $285).
The total is a bet on the number of points scored in the game by both teams. The oddsmaker will set a total and you can bet on whether the number of points scored will be over or under this amount.
- If 42 or more points are scored by both teams then Over bets win.
- If 40 or fewer points are scored by both teams then Under bets win.
- If exactly 41 points are scored by both teams then the total bets would push (be returned).
Check out our NFL betting page for more examples and explanations of the popular NFL bets.
Bet On The NFL Online – 3 Steps Guide
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on the NFL online from anywhere in the US, including Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Step 1. Open A Bovada.lv Account
Click the above link and complete the overlay form on the home page to open a Bovada account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your Bovada account and select the ‘Deposit’ link under your accounts drop down menu. Choose your preferred deposit method, enter the amount, and follow the instructions for that payment method to fund your account.
Bovada accepts Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and a few other methods.
Step 3. Place Your NFL Wagers
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar and ‘Football’ from the sports menu.
- Select ‘NFL’ from the ‘Football A-Z’ menu in the left sidebar to view the individual game odds. **Bovada.lv also has NFL Futures, Season Props and Specials categories with futures and props betting lines.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your wager amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bet’ to make the bet.
If you’re new to betting online check out our beginners betting guide section for some articles to help you get started (and feel comfortable) betting online including understanding odds, and more.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.
Tagged With : Mississippi betting • NFL Betting • Oklahoma betting