The 2022 NFL season will run from September 8th, 2022 to January 8th, 2023 with each team playing 17 regular season games across 18 weeks. The playoffs will then begin on January 14th, 2023 with Super Bowl LVII scheduled to take place on February 12th at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
The NFL is the most wagered on sport in the United States. The sports betting industry has gone mainstream over the past few years, and I’m expecting the number of NFL bettors to continue to increase this year, including several more bettors from both Washington and Idaho.
For this reason I wanted to add this page to help you quickly and easily place your first NFL wager online. Below I will recommend a betting site, touch on the betting situation in Washington and Idaho, outline the most popular NFL bets, and provide a simple three step guide you can follow to bet on the NFL online this season.
Best Betting Site For Americans
- Built for American bettors
- Wide variety of competitive betting lines
- Easy to navigate betting platform
50% up to $250
Bovada.lv is our recommended betting site for US residents interested in betting on the NFL online. This includes anyone living in Washington or Idaho.
Bovada is the most well known and popular betting site for US residents. They have served the US betting market for the past ten years and have built a strong reputation as a trusted and fair sportsbook during this time.
NFL Betting in Washington and Idaho
Sports betting is legal in Washington, but only at tribal casinos while on tribal land. Although sports betting is technically allowed on tribal land, most tribal casinos do not take sports bets. Washington residents who want to bet on the NFL online from the comfort of their own homes, must do so through an offshore betting site that is licensed and regulated outside of the USA.
Sports betting is not legal in Idaho and that does not look to be changing anytime soon. That said, Idaho residents also have the option to bet through offshore betting sites that accepts US players.
Bovada.lv is an offshore sportsbook that has served the US betting market for the past decade. They are our recommended betting site for both Washington and Idaho residents.
Popular NFL Betting Options
Bovada.lv has a wide selection of betting options for both individual NFL games and season long futures/props.
Below I will look at the odds for the week 1 game between the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks, and explain the spread, money line and over/under odds.
The point spread odds are shown in the first column of the above screenshot. In this example the Denver Broncos are 5 point favorites (-5), while the Seahawks are 5 point underdogs (+5).
- Broncos spread bets win if the Broncos win the game by 6 or more points.
- Seahawks spread bets win if the Seahawks win the game outright, or the Broncos win by 4 or less.
- If the Broncos win by exactly 5 points then all spread bets would push.
The second column shows the money line odds. This is simply a bet on which team will win the game. The odds indicate the risk vs reward of a bet on either outcome.
- Bet $220 on the Broncos to win $100 (payout of $320).
- Bet $100 on the Seahawks to win $180 (payout of $280).
The over/under, also known as the total, is a big on the number of points scored in the game by both teams. The over/under is set at 42 in the above example.
- Over bets win if 43 or more points are scored.
- Under bets win if 41 or fewer points are scored.
- Totals bets push if exactly 42 points are scored.
Bet On NFL Games Online – 3 Step Guide
Complete these three steps to bet on the NFL online from anywhere in Washington or Idaho.
Step 1. Join Bovada.lv
Click the above link and complete the sign up form on the home page to open your account.
Bovada is our top rated betting site for US residents and they accept players from Washington and Idaho.
Step 2. Deposit Funds
Sign in to your Bovada account and click the ‘Deposit’ link under your accounts drop down menu. Select the deposit method you want to use, enter the amount of your deposit, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
Bovada accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, and various other methods.
Step 3. Place Your NFL Bets
You’re ready to make your NFL bets.
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar on the Bovada website and select ‘Football’ from the sports menu.
- Select ‘NFL’ under the ‘Football A-Z’ menu to bring up the individual game odds. You can also select any of the NFL Futures or Specials categories to see the futures and props odds for the upcoming season.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your water amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bet’ to lock in the bet.
Check out our guide section for some articles to help get you started if you’re new to betting online.
That’s everything. Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bovada.lv.
Tagged With : Mississippi betting • NFL Betting • Oklahoma betting